Less than a month later, PokerStars will be busy celebrating a decade of its popular live tournament – the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure. The online poker room will be hosting its popular event in Bahamas this year, and has an exciting line up of games for the participants. The poker series begins next month, on January 5, 2013, and will go on till January 14 at the Atlantis Resort and Casino. Satellites for the Main Event of the series are being held on the PokerStars site and members have a chance to bag a free seat at the event for as low as $10. PokerStars members can also participate in the qualifiers using their FPPs or Frequent Player Points.
PCA Schedule – Includes Open Face Chinese Poker
The 10 day long poker series, which begins on January 5 and ends on January 14, will feature tournaments in several poker variations including no-limit hold’em, pot limit hold’em, NL Turbo 8-handed, 6-handed events, Triple stud events, Bounty hold’em events and H.O.R.S.E. The Open Face Chinese event, which has gained popularity in the recent times, has also found place in the PCA 10th anniversary lineup. In addition to these, the poker room is also hosting a special PokerStars Zoom Challenge with a guaranteed prize pool of $50,000. Some of the events during the series are as follows.
• The Super High-Roller NLH 8-handed event, with unlimited re-entry, begins on Saturday, January 5. The event has a buy-in of $100,000 and takes place over three days, with the final table on January 7.
• A Single-handed high roller event, with buy-in of $25,500 begins on January 12
• An Invitation Only Canada Cup event on January 7
• Open Face Chinese event with 30-minute levels and re-entry, also on January 7. The buy-in for this event is $2,150
• PLO Turbo eight-handed event on January 8, with buy-in of $5200; 2-day PLO 8-handed event on January 10;
• Zoom Poker challenge with buy-in of $1,025 on January 9.
• NL Turbo Bounty event on January 8; buy-in of $2,150
• H.O.R.S.E event with GTD prize pool of $25,000; buy-in of $1,100
• NL Heads Up event with buy-in of $5,300. Number of players capped to 64
• PL Big O 5 Card Omaha 8, eight-handed event that guarantees $25,000 on January 11, with a buy-in of $1,100
The Main Event, the NL Hold’em 7-day event begins on January 7, 2013. The event has a buy-in of $10,300. Those who wish to participate in this event can also consider entering it through online and offline satellite qualifiers for it. Satellites for the event are taking place on PokerStars site every day. You can also partake in the live satellite that takes place at the venue on January 6.
Attractive PCA Main Event Packages to Win – PCA FPP Megapath
As always, PokerStars is offering attractive Main Event packages to its members through the many qualifiers it is hosting on a daily basis. What is more attractive is that the poker room is allowing its loyal members to participate in the qualifiers using their Frequent Player Points, which can be earned playing cash games and tournaments on the site. Players who win these qualifiers will win Main Event packages worth $16,000. PokerStars is giving away a total of 100 such packages through its online qualifiers. The package includes –
• Buy-in for the Main Event
• Accommodation at the Atlantis Resort and Casino for the duration and
• Expenses for traveling
PokerStars has lined up a variety of events that suit the requirements of all kinds of players. The minimum buy-in for participating in the 10th Anniversary PCA is $300 for the NL Turbo events that are spread out through the duration of the series.
Participating in the 10th PokerStars Caribbean Adventure can prove to a lot more exciting now than before, for it features some of the less-known poker variants, giving all a chance to explore the game further. The Open Face Chinese poker is one such event that you many want to look at during the series. The poker variant may have more or less the same hand rankings, but the game is in no way similar to the other variants. That is what makes it exciting, especially if you are the kind who enjoys learning something new about the game at every possible turn.